Question about ReVox B215

Fragen und Antworten zur Technik bei den ReVox-Klassikern. Von der 36er-Serie bis zur C-Serie.

Moderator: Administratoren

Forumsregeln
In diesem Bereich geht es um die "Klassiker" der Firma ReVox. Gemeint sind Geräte aus den Anfangstagen der Firma, ReVox-Tonbandgeräten aller Art, B-Serie, C-Serie, S-Serie, H-Serie usw.
Antworten
DimitarPG13
Neuling

Question about ReVox B215

Beitrag von DimitarPG13 »

First, I would like to appologize that I ask the question in English. I am Bulgarian and unfortunatelly do not know Deutsch well. The Question: Do you know if the first combined playback/record headsets for ReVox B215 have been made by Sony ? I have heard that the combined headset for ReVox has always been Canon, is this true ? Do you know if other cassette deck models use the same headset ? I am asking you this because I just bought 2 B215s with completely worn out heads and I wonder if I can replace those with some other headset.

Thank you very much in advance,

regards,
Dimitar
PhonoMax
Haudegen
Haudegen
Erhaltene Danksagungen: 21

Re: Question about ReVox B215

Beitrag von PhonoMax »

Dear Dimitar,

as far as I know -and my informations came around 1986/88 directly from Walter Derrer, who died last August under sad circumstances-, Studer's problems with the not constant qualities of Sony's heads increased already within the 710-time to such a dimension, that Studer decided already in the construction-phase of the 215 to avoid further use of that SONY-head-type.

The advantage of Sony's headsystem consisted of the facility, to adjust the azimuth of the record- and reproduce-heads separately. This feature was gone, when Studer went on Canon for the new head-system, which offered just a double-unit of agglutinated record- and reproduce-systems using just one azimut-screw.

So you can be sure to almost 100%, that no 215 was made with Sony-heads. The 215 throughout used the later Canon-head.

I discovered the 710-Sony head in other Sony-cassette-decks of the flagship-class; regarding the Canon-head I have just one experience: EMTEC kept apparently this headtype on 25-piece-trays 'on stock', because they operated canon-equipped cassette-tape-test-devices. Those trays, nevertheless, were scrapped in 2004.

Hans-Joachim
Antworten