revox b77 repair

Fragen und Antworten zur Technik bei den ReVox-Klassikern. Von der 36er-Serie bis zur C-Serie.

Moderator: Administratoren

Forumsregeln
In diesem Bereich geht es um die "Klassiker" der Firma ReVox. Gemeint sind Geräte aus den Anfangstagen der Firma, ReVox-Tonbandgeräten aller Art, B-Serie, C-Serie, S-Serie, H-Serie usw.
Antworten
stevevdb
Jungspund
Jungspund

revox b77 repair

Beitrag von stevevdb »

hello

I have at home a revox B77 mkI 4 track that was incomplete when I got it.

The following parts have been added or replaced or repaired (because they were defective):
-monitor pcb
-input pcb
-reproduce pcb
-recording pcb
-oscillator pcb
-tape drive control pcb
-capstan speed pcb
-powersupply

When I finally got the powersupply I was very happy of course, I thought I would see my B77 working but no, it was too good to be true.

When I power the B77 up that capstan motor starts spinning which is a good sign. Mechanically the B77 works, you can press play and it will hold, you can press stop, rew and ffwd, all the functions are ok.
But there are two small problems: when the B77 powers up you hear the relais clicking which is good but after the 'click' you see that the VU meter red lights are lighted up (the peak lights). When you press play: function is good but no music, not even a background noise.

What could this be?
I was thinking of a defective audio interconnect board or the 3 elco's near the powersupply.

All the other parts have been repaired or replaced and they have been checked up if they work inside another B77 with good results.
Antworten