Studer A810 : a question about recording

Fragen und Antworten zur Technik bei STUDER Geräten.

Moderator: Administratoren

Antworten
skatto777
Jungspund
Jungspund

Studer A810 : a question about recording

Beitrag von skatto777 »

Dear friends, is it normal that, when I start a recording with my A810, even though there is no musical signal at start, it is recorded a little peak like a spike just when I press REC+PLAY buttons? What can I do fo having absolute silence at the beginning of the recording without this electrical spike? thank you Mario
Patrol
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von Patrol »

Hello Mario,

what is the software version of your A810?

This is shown on the LED/LCD counter upon switching on and could be

In Version 0188, the drop-in/drop-out timing was improved.

I am currently using 0188 and do not notice a peak upon drop-in.

- Edit -

Also, check that switches 4&5 of the bus converter switch are set to Off(0) (this is located inside the card cage and underneath the transport keyboard)

If you have trouble locating the switches, let me know and I will send you a picture.

Best regards,

Markus
skatto777
Jungspund
Jungspund

Beitrag von skatto777 »

software version is 0188 (is it the most recent one?), but I have no idea how to reach the mentioned switch. Can you help me? thank you very much Markus
Patrol
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von Patrol »

Mario,

0188 is the most recent official one.

I will make a little PDF file with step-by-step instructions and pictures, I hope to have it ready later today.

Don't worry, it is not that complicated, but you will need a hex screw driver or Imbus key 2.5mm

Markus
skatto777
Jungspund
Jungspund

Beitrag von skatto777 »

Dear Markus you are very nice in helping me! How can I thank you? I'll let you know the results
skatto777
Jungspund
Jungspund

Beitrag von skatto777 »

Dear Mr. Markus, I checked the switches Nos. 4 & 5 and they were already on "OFF" position. The click at the beginning of the recording is not high, but well audible. Why does it happen this fact? Is my software version 0188 the most recent one? My machine is like new (730 hours of work), if you'll send me your email address I'll send you a picture of it. Can you tell me something else? thank you very much for your kindness. Mario - Palermo - skatto777@tin.it
Antworten